After the block party and the Weekend trip to Clear Lake, there won’t be much beer left! Here’s what I’m planning for the rest of the month…
- Diwiart’s Dubbel: I’ll make a 2-gallon batch of this high-ABV brown ale. It takes a while, so it may take until August. I’ll also try bottling these in actual Belgian Beer bottles with corks this time. That will be pretty cool! What to drink until then?
- Revenge American Amber: I think I’ll do an extract version of Revenge, just to have some good beer on hand.
- Dead Philistine Citrus IPA: This turned out so well at the block party, I gotta make more before the summer is out. I’ll add a little less dark malt to lighten it up, but I’ll adjust my recipe to match what I actually did last brew night. Adding DME to get the gravity up actually turned out really well, even though it was an accident!
What else is new?
- Monday is the IBU monthly meeting at the Iowa Taproom. I’ll be bringing bottles of Offa of Mercia to compete in Iron Brewer.
- Going to Clear Lake with the boys next weekend! Bringing a ton of beer including Bethusela’s Lake Cabin Ale!
- Over the 4th of July, I’ll be flying to Oregon to spend a week with John and Sarah Hamblin and Stone Circle Cider. It will be a huge beer and cider festival of drunkenness.
- I have several beers competing this year at the Iowa State Fair. It will be cool to see how I do this year. Last year, not bad. But the quality of beers has improved vastly since then!